Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

11.30.2009

Stuff vs. People: A good choice - unless you're Christmas shopping.

I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet. It's bad. I usually have these things at least brainstormed about for a bit, but I rather forgot this year. So I've been trying to come up with ideas of things to get the kids... and Liberty has several things she likes - she's not too hard. Eden, on the other hand... and today, I realized why. Liberty is about "stuff". Eden's about people. When, during Bible for school, I asked them to complete the sentence "I wish I had _____." Liberty answered with several toys she's been looking at lately, Eden answered "Claire". Claire is her cousin. When I prompted her for some "thing" - since I was ready to take notes at this point - she finally came up with "a ball". Yeah, sure. That didn't work so well, and I'm back to no ideas.

1 comment:

alysia said...

Claire wants her too.