Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

3.02.2011

Dilemmas I’d never dreamed would be life.

How does toothpaste get on the side of the toilet? I always buy white toothpaste – the bright blue stuff does not blend in well and it stains the white bathroom rug. I do not like scrubbing the bathroom walls every day. Now the walls are orange and I’m wondering why I did that. They do not sell orange toothpaste. But on the toilet? It did blend in there, I suppose.

New word banned from use by small children in our home: assume. One of my dear children, ahem, who shall remain nameless, likes to pick up a new word and use it. Nonstop. So, after hearing the word “assume” at the beginning of 90% of said child’s sentences, mostly out of context, it became a banned word. It joins the phrase “Do you know why you…” and others not currently coming to mind. The ban must have worked.

Sterling came inside, panicked because there was a “big huge noise outside”. “I don’t know. I think maybe someone was shooting us.”

Liberty brought home a lump of homemade play dough yesterday. Last night for supper I made split pea soup, and Liberty got a bone in her bowl from the ham bone I’d used. Today she informed me she’d hidden the ham bone in the play dough. Then she promptly took it outside and encouraged all her younger siblings to join her in a treasure hunt through the play dough. Um, ew?

It’s March 2nd. It’s 64 degrees outside, and my children are out in the yard, barefoot, comfortably. (Ok, comfortably temp wise. From the tip-toeing going on out there, I’m thinking they are experiencing some pre-summer tender toes.) It’s beautiful.

No comments: