Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

5.25.2011

And now… Momma does the work.

Last night it rained. Thunder, lightning, and lots of rain – and only one kid woke up. Since buying our house in this little valley, the house shaking from thunder has become a somewhat normal occurrence. And while lightning is supposed to do the work, thunder does some pretty big talking and I’m pretty sure the rattling windows last night would indicate thunder can do at least a little bit of work.

My two older girls both asked this morning if it rained last night. Yep, they’ve gotten pretty accustomed to it. Let me be clear here: the thunder was deafening last night. Silliness.

The tent I worked so hard to hang to dry, shake the grass off of after I mowed too close to it on the clothesline, and fold? It got left out in the rain. Perfect. Replay of yesterday’s work, anyone?

Clothes left on the clothesline over night? Check.

Sleeping bag left in the yard yesterday? Check.

School paper left on the porch overnight? Check.

Really, I knew it was supposed to rain last night. Someone, please give me my brain back so I can remember to take care of the above problems. Before it rains again, preferably.

No comments: