Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

3.31.2012

Tilled garden and grades completed. What a day.

I’ve been sewing. Determined to make a sling for Pierce that will get me hands free again after he outgrew my tube sling, I found a pattern for a Mei Tai and went to work.

Hello, land of the living. Sling’s finished, and Pierce took a nap in it ten minutes after I tied him onto my back. Sweet success. An hour later, my back didn’t hurt yet. Sweeter still.

Remember the post about our neighbors? Blaine went over to meet the ones closest to us today. We want to put a fence along their fence line for the goats and wanted to make sure they didn’t mind, and Blaine wanted to ask if they would use their tractor to till our garden for a fee. Ten minutes later, they were pulling into the yard with their tractor. They refused payment. How awesome?! Planting sweet corn this year. :) I’m not sure why they’ve been so quiet for so long, but they were nothing but kind!

Eden Rayne is the second person in history to finish 2nd grade at A Big (little) Family Academy. Liberty has two weeks left. We’re winding down our school year. It’s a beautiful thing. On my list for April: painting the school room. I think they call this spring cleaning.

And… back to my sewing machine. Curtains for the bathroom, then I’m touching up paint and painting the vanity. New towels and shower curtain and rug are in my sights. I’m on a roll and loving it. Tired, but loving it.

No comments: