Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

7.24.2009

I'll try to be brief. An introduction.

I've been pondering this whole open-blog thing for a while. I've posted on Multiply for some time, and Yahoo 360 before that, but those were only open to friends. How much of my daily life should be open for review? Is there anything I have to say that might be found worthwhile?

With neither of those questions truly answered, here I begin. Again. Apparently I tried this whole thing in October 2007. Beats me if I remember that! I can barely remember what month it is.

My husband of nearly 7 years and I have four kids. Liberty is 6, Eden is approaching 4 1/2 (on August 1st, and she'll tell you that with great relish), Sterling - the only boy in the bunch - is 2 and Ruby brings up the rear at a whopping 10 1/2 months. Since kids are what I know, this will likely be about them. That, and the other things I know - sewing, homeschooling, cooking, cloth diapering (my new venture!) and my Lord and Savior, Jesus. Not necessarily in that order!

Life is not dull around here. We work through the summer with school somewhat, Sterling is mid-potty training, Ruby's learning to walk, Eden's learning to read, and both Liberty and Eden are gloriously free of training wheels on their bikes these days. Liberty loves to read, Eden loves to climb (everything!), Sterling loves trucks and Ruby loves to chew (again, everything!).

Sounding off, with quips from the day:
Eden asked me one of those don't-you-know-it questions she asks on a regular basis. Her favorite is "Why is ___ named ___?" This questions goes for everything under the sun - sun included. "Why is a skunk named 'skunk'?" "Why is it called 'snow'?" Seriously, how do you answer that? Being the hands-on teacher I aspire to be, I Googled it. The first 20 times. The next 564 times, I said I didn't know. Liberty's response to my latest "I don't know" was "Come on, Eden. Mama doesn't know everything!" Huh, they've got my secret figured out. I thought I'd get at least a few more years of omniscience before they found me out. Darn.

No comments: