Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

6.01.2012

Jumpy much?

Liberty found a spider in the house. Now, I don’t mind spiders all that much. Kill them and move on, I guess. But this one, about the size of a golf ball and quite hairy, was bordering on the large spectrum, and it was in my house. I did the only decent thing under such circumstances. I hollered for Blaine. And screamed a little.

Last night the dog was going ballistic outside and when we let her inside, she continued to bark. Wondering what had her so riled up, I walked outside for a few minutes to see what on earth was going on. The only noise I could hear was a whippoorwill. I came around the corner in the dark and our barn cat came running around it from the other direction. I just about peed my pants.

It’s been far cooler these last few days, and when I went into the kids’ bedroom to lay Pierce back down after one of his mid-night feedings, I covered up three sleeping children who lay uncovered. When I put the blanket on Charlotte, I heard “Ank-you”. I just about jumped out of my skin.

I wouldn’t recommend coming up behind me these days. I just might slug you. I don’t know what has me on edge, but good grief. My nerves cannot handle it!

2 comments:

Jill said...

BOO

Anonymous said...

We have had a couple of BIG spiders the past month. It must be the milder winter. I can kill them too, but I sure do prefer to have Ralph here to take care of them for me:)