Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

11.17.2010

Thank you, my Dear.

As a bridal shower gift, my now sister-in-laws bought me a set of pans. A few years ago, Blaine found a matching saucepan, larger than I had, and added that to my collection. The littlest saucepan, once well-used, had gotten too small to be useful with meal prep for my crew. Today, we hit a new high. Or low. I'm still trying to decide. Blaine presented me with yet another pan for my collection. Or pot, rather. Stock pot, to be exact. Quite useful, I'm sure, particularly in soup prep around here, but I'm still trying to absorb the thought that this is where we're at. If he brings me a canner next, he might get hit over the head with it, I think. I am not making soup in a canner. Because, well, that would be excessive.

Oh, and he also bought me a chest freezer. You know, for all those leftovers a stock pot will allow me to make. Very, very cool. (No pun intended.) I'm still waiting for the chef he must have ordered to show up.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Yes, Well Happy Birthday to you Adrienne. I guess you'll just have to throw out bigger hints next year. Men just don't get it sometimes!