Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

2.13.2012

Mercies.

Just when I think God’s given me more than I think I can handle, He shows me mercy.

Pierce is napping in his own bed. Just this week, after fighting and losing and spending ridiculous amounts of money for D batteries since the swing was the only place he’d sleep, he started napping in his own bed. He’s up, he plays, he eats, he gets crabby, he gets laid down. He sleeps for 1-2 hours, and we start the cycle again.

It’s wonderful.

It’s also time to buy a sound machine. Because, while I loved country music as a teen, now, I love silence. Pierce does not. He sleeps far better with the radio on. But if I hear one more sad ballad from someone who I cannot tell to stop having a pity party to, I’m gonna scream. And yet, the radio just keeps on playing.

I’m thinking waterfalls. Rainforest. Anything but a guitar.

No comments: