Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

3.23.2012

Worth it?

I worked and cooked for several hours to produce one awesome pan of lasagna tonight. It's a lot of work, but fun to spend some extra energy to make a nice meal once in a while. Everything I make is from scratch, but we eat a lot of stir fry or meat and potatoes. Quick, easy, cheap.

Turns out, quick, easy, and cheap is preferred by my dear middle children who have extremely sophisticated taste buds.

How you can eat peanut butter sandwiches, tortillas with only miracle whip, and hot dogs with relish but turn your nose up at 5-cheese lasagna is beyond me. When Sterling, trained to be polite, told me the meal was good with his nose scrunched up, I told him you cannot say a meal is good while frowning. It's either good or it isn't. He, in all seriousness, replied, "It isn't."

So glad I worked so hard. I threw out there that those finishing their food would get ice cream. Suddenly, Sterling's food looked a whole lot better.

Ruby opted for no ice cream. I cannot win them all.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose I will get used to it, but liked the blog the way it was, just seems to be missing something - probably the side bars where you made your penny!!! : ) Wish your dad liked cheese, I would love to make that lasagna : ( Roxanne

Laura's Ramblings in Color said...

My girls do that sometimes. I never wanted to cater to their tastes, but some days, it's just easier.