Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

1.29.2013

What joy.

Life can be crazy sometimes. In many worlds, this life of mine can be considered crazy all the time. If there isn’t someone leaning on me, pestering me, waiting for me, or whining at me, it must be midnight. If someone isn’t hungry, tired, or desperately needing to use the bathroom while we’re 5,000 steps from the closest bathroom, it’s a large miracle.

And yet.

I get hundreds of kisses a day. I tried to count one normal day. I gave up and lost count.

I get to see the light in my son’s eyes when he reads “churning” for the first time.

One little girl told me today that I must think her family is lucky, because they only have three kids.

I don’t.

This craziness, the moments when I am at my limit and supper’s late and babies are crying and the floor just got a cup of cooked rice spilled, I’m still glad this is my life.

There are six little people who call me ‘Momma’. God’s given me them to teach, train, to show them my sin and His grace, and to tell them they can have it too.

It’s a privilege. I’m glad He’s called me to this purpose, these children, this life. What joy.

2 comments:

Lanita said...

It IS great to be a mother. I wouldn't trade the blessing of being a mother for ANY career or opportunity in the whole world. You will look back, in not TOO many years and not even remember ALL the craziness, just the laughs and kisses and hugs and "I love yous". Keep up the great work. You have an awesome family (I know you already know that:)

caralynn said...

Yes. Joy. Crazy moments but full of joy none the less. I love reading your blog posts Adrienne. YOu have beautiful children and they are blessed to have you.