Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

2.14.2014

Awesome.

My dear husband surprised me last week with a potato/onion/garlic bin for my kitchen, freeing what I had been using for fruit, something that completely thrilled me. I now have ALL my big metal bowls clean, off the counter, and available for other uses. In a completely uncharacteristic never-happened-in-our-12-years-together move, he made me something completely out of the blue. He took an oak pallet, sanded it down, and made this for me:

IMG_5042IMG_5043

With a love for the antique look that dominates my kitchen, (and a LOT of cookbooks, that also dominate a good portion of my kitchen…)

IMG_5045

I LOVE this. So, so cool. (I also love RADA knives. If you couldn’t tell.)

IMG_5044

I just had to brag a little. Thanks, Blaine.

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Pretty cool. Fits your kitchen perfectly. Way to go Blaine.

Charlotte Moore said...

I have seen several things made from those and it is so neat. One was a tray and I would have to have one.

I have lots of Rada knives too. I used to sell them.

Smart and talented guy.

Unknown said...

Okay, I seriously love your fruit container thing, Sis. Where do you find something like that? and what is it called? I just have several bowls (or just the bags from the grocery store) hanging around with the fruit.
That's a seriously cool potato bin too, by the way. :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE Rada, Charlotte! I bought most of mine in high school, to put in my hope chest. I just had to replace the first one - I'd sharpened it to the thicker part of the blade. Good knives make my life easier. :)

Alex, the wire baskets are from Hobby Lobby. I love them. My stuff had always been left in bags too - it's fun to have a nice place to keep it now.