Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

2.13.2013

Confession: I had to restart the fire in the wood-burning furnace today. Twice. I started it, checked to be sure it went. It did. Went down (too many hours) later and it was out. Started it again. It lit. Went down (too many hours) later and it was empty and out. Again. But I fed all five six kids twice three times today.

I went through kids drawers yesterday. Chucked clothes in a “give away” box with wild abandon. Today, we sorted, folded, bagged, and put away the few that were simply too small. Drawers close. It’s a wonderful thing. Ruby is down to five pairs of pajamas. She started with eleven. Who needs 11 pairs of pajamas?! (Who needs five either, really?)

The UPS truck delivered a package today. I behind in the air, back to the window in the door, bent over and vacuuming the floor with the vacuum hose. Turning around to a knock and strange man in a brown uniform was startling. For both of us.

A most effective way for something that needs my attention to get it has been found. Leave it in the middle of the living room floor. One way or the other, I’ll get to it, just to get it out of my way. I’ll not mention who figured out this little trick… but I got the project done as requested within 18 hours. Amazing.

Diet update: I’ve lost 8 lbs. so far. Pretty happy with that. Still working on it, but it’s a good start.

No comments: