Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

2.05.2013

It’s going to be a doozy of a week.

I’m two for two this week, my friends. I’m afraid to touch anything at this point.

On Friday I took my sewing machine to the repair shop. It’s been having issues for some time, and that was the last straw. I walked in with it, and within 38 seconds the lady told me I was using the wrong size bobbin. This may have – and likely has – caused all of the problems I’ve been having with it. I left it anyhow, since it’s 15 years old and has yet to have any repairs to it.

Friday night, we realized the new fridge in the garage was not cooling properly. I researched, tried a million things, took the back panel off and cleaned the coils, and nothing helped. I left the panel off and gave up. Yesterday the appliance repair guy came and couldn’t find anything wrong with it, except that it cannot run properly with the back panel off. He put it back on and it is working fine.

Turns out, one of my million repair tries actually worked. (I do know which one. It resulted from someone pushing buttons on the fridge. No child is fessing up. The child lock is now engaged. Grr.) And then I took the back panel off. I paid the guy $79.95 to put six screws into the back of my refrigerator.

Two for two. Ouch.

No comments: