Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

2.19.2013

Purex Crystals for Baby

Purex sent me a bottle of Purex Crystals for Baby to try, review, and give away. (I won’t give away my bottle. Actually, you can’t have it. But I’ll give away three coupons for a 28 oz bottle, free.)

I thought “baby” meant baby powder, pink baby lotion… you know. Not so much. I don’t think it smells anything like any of those – but it does smell really, really good. I’d read of making detergent with Borax and adding Purex Crystals, so I tried it. Oh yes, this is good stuff. The homemade detergent with Crystals doesn’t smell as strong as adding it directly to the wash, but I’m rather hoarding them. It just smells so good.

I’ve tried Purex Crystals before, and I haven’t been disappointed with any of them. Hello, clean laundry smell. No static - impressive, considering we heat with wood and can typically play the static shock game anytime we desire to be mean. Try it, you’ll like it. (The Crystals, I mean. The shock game is kind of fun too… but not so nice.)

Want to try your own? Comment here, like this post on Facebook, comment on Facebook, be sure you’ve liked my Facebook page and I’ll tally the entries on Friday and make some non-biased child pick three winners for a coupon of your very own.

Exciting stuff.

8 comments:

Sandy Tritt said...

I want to try it!!

Unknown said...

I love Purex and making my own detergent so it sounds like a winning combo to me:)

Sharilyn said...

This sounds like something I would like to add to my homemade detergent too!

Alysia said...

I love purex crystals, but refuse to spend a lot of money on fabric softener. A free bottle would be awesome!

Enjoying the Chaos said...

I have never tried it! I wouldn't mind trying it for free! (chickensbunniesandhomeschool.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

I numbered the entries, the kids picked numbers, and Sterling called yours. :) Address, please?

Unknown said...

I numbered the entries, the kids picked numbers, and Liberty called yours. :) Address, please?

Unknown said...

I numbered the entries, the kids picked numbers, and Eden called yours. :) Address, please?