Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

5.19.2011

Off and running again–and finding I didn’t miss much anyhow.

I’ve been offline for a few days. We decided to switch our ISP and that required waiting for the FedEx truck to arrive. Got it this afternoon – so far, so good. Much, much faster. $15 a month cheaper. Should have done that a long time ago. I’ll let you know next week if I’ve changed my mind…

I’ve written three great posts in my head. We didn’t have internet for any of them. So now, when I do, I don’t remember. Sometime around 3am I’ll wake out of the deepest sleep I’ve had in 21 weeks remembering what I was going to tell you all about. Until then, here’s a boring little update.

We got new phones too – with local numbers. Hooray for having a local area code on our cell phones for the first time in, um, 8.5 years. If you are trying to call, our old phones are disconnected. Try email.

Co-op is over. All of our schoolwork for the 1st/2nd grade school year is completed, recorded, and sitting by the door to get put in the shed tomorrow. My desk is cleaner than it’s been in many, many months. Ah, sweet relief. Time for summer.

We were given a microwave. You know, the fancy kind that hangs above the stove. Very cool. Haven’t had one for nearly a year now. I’m sure it will come in handy – when we remember we have it.

Sterling asked me today why I like flowers. He picks “flowers” from the yard just about everyday for me to put in a little salt shaker “vase”. I told him they both smell and look nice, and when he went to Lowe’s tonight with Blaine he asked if they could bring me more flowers after they got what they needed. I have five perennials to plant tomorrow. Sweet boy – and sweet Blaine.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

What a sweet boy.

Ros said...

aw! that is really sweet.