Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

5.29.2011

Plural? Singular? Huh what?

Sterling was trying to explain the method I ought to use to help him out… “Just grab three squares of toilet paper (Can you tell we’ve had to establish some boundaries in this department?) and wipe between my two butts.” “Between what?” “I’m not sure, Mom. Between these two things.” Ok, got it. “Did I do a good job?” “Yep, I think so. Thanks Mom!” Oh, that boy. He makes me laugh.

Last night, Blaine hung up the tent on the clothesline. It was still there when I went to milk the goat this morning. Then as we backed out of the driveway to go to church, we saw the tent. On the roof. Windy morning, you think?

I found one of Sterling’s birthday gifts – still in the cupboard, hiding, unopened. Perfect. Start the stash for next year or give it to him sheepishly?

Tonight’s a backyard campout in the tent. Provided Blaine climbs onto the roof to get it – much to Eden’ disappointment. I think she’d rather sleep on the roof.

Liberty cleaned the sliding glass door. She asked if I saw it cleaned. I said I hadn’t, headed for it, and was informed, “It’s probably dirty by now. That was yesterday. It never stays clean for a whole day.” Oh, dear girl. Painful, yet true.

No comments: