Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

8.01.2011

Pictures of a few moments around here…

Yesterday, Sterling got a box of clothes given to him from a friend from church. He was in his glory, sorting through and looking at everything. I told him to sort what would fit now and was summer clothes, and put everything else into a box to head for the shed for later. This is what he came up with:

IMG_2833

He sorted. He folded. He’s so excited. And he’s not a bit like his father, orderly and neat. Nope, not a bit.

IMG_2828

This is what sheer exhaustion looks like. One of my dear daughters would fall asleep at meals on a regular basis. I’m fairly certain this is Ruby’s first time. Ever.

IMG_2839

This is the photo I got of the girls when I told them to get together so I could take a picture of them together.

IMG_2840

This is the photo I got when I told all of the (awake) kids to pile onto the futon for a photo.

And these:

IMG_2844

IMG_2845

IMG_2846

…are what Sterling and Ruby gave me when I told them to sit together for a picture. That sounds about right.

And for those who care to know, the blue wall is one of those painted on the 4th. I love it.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Your kids are... beautiful! I mean, most people think kids are cute, but seriously, yours are pretty much the cutest ever.

Unknown said...

:) Thanks, Kristin.