Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

8.02.2011

Science experiments and statements of the day.

It hit 108 degrees today. Not on my little thermometer that might (I don’t think so though) have sun hit it, but the news said so. My inside thermometer said it was 98 in house. So in the name of good humor and trying not to cry… we broke an egg onto the concrete of the patio to see if we could cook the egg in the sun. I thought it would be a photo op… but you do not want to see what it looked like… before Brady ate it. It was pretty nasty – but cooked, although the whites didn’t whiten so well. It was a fun experiment. Can we call that science?

The kids have been subjected to a few meals served by Daddy lately. Tonight, Sterling’s prayer over dinner was “…and thank you that we didn’t have to have cereal for lunch or for supper.”

Eden made rice crispy bars tonight. Ruby announced that she was going to clean the pan so I wouldn’t have to wash it. And then she proceeded to do her best at licking it clean. Perfect. When I told her she needed to be done, she told me she was going to have a rice crispy bar for breakfast. Somehow I think the marshmallows nix out the benefits of the cereal – but I’m guessing that would be one cereal meal Sterling wouldn’t mind.

1 comment:

Laura's Ramblings in Color said...

I used to eat them for breakfast at college. I still wonder if perhaps they were a contributing factor to my 20 lb weight gain...