Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

4.11.2012

Fried Chicken, big (little) style.

I’ve been reading a lot of food blogs lately. I’ve tried a few new recipes. They’ve all been really good. I’ve roasted garlic for the first time. So far, so good. So last night, I ventured out on my own. Now, I just need to take those photos to give step by step instructions and I’ll have a food blog of my own. And maybe a kitchen makeover since my countertops are most definitely not made of granite. But no photos. Pierce was on my hip for the majority of supper prep and the camera thought didn’t cross my mind until now. So use your imagination and picture this:

I cut up a whole chicken, dipped each piece in milk, dipped it into this all mixed together:

(about four cups for us and one 5 lb. chicken) flour

(2 tsp.) seasoned salt

(2T) fresh basil

(2 tsp.) garlic salt

(1 tsp.) onion powder

Then I dipped it back into the milk, back into the flour mixture, and fried it at medium temp in hot oil.

It was good. Really, really good. Good enough for Blaine to request that I write this one down.  Now, it is.

Score one for momma. The kids think that chicken was better than chicken nuggets. Ruby ate leftovers for breakfast.

3 comments:

Laura's Ramblings in Color said...

I found a recipe for homemade chicken nuggets that is super easy and really good. My girls don't like nuggets from restaurants. But they do like these. I can send it if you like.

Kristin said...

Sounds good. I love when your own special recipe turns out good. I always forget to write them down, so I never remember some of them.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.