Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

4.04.2012

Overboard.

I’ve been cleaning. Call it spring cleaning, or whatever you will, but I’m determined to find ways to organize better, clean things up, help this house maintain on it’s own.

Today, I was working in the bathroom. I touched up the paint on the walls, repainted the trim, and took all the doors off our ancient ugly vanity. Until the day comes that we can replace it, I’m painting it white. It’s the same style vanity that my parents had when I was a kid. Not so fancy anymore. I took everything apart and handed drawers and doors to Eden, Sterling, and Ruby to take up to the shop for me to sand and paint them up there.

Ruby took the drawer and looked at me with a confused look on her face.

“We don’t need these anymore either?”

Apparently I’ve gotten rid of enough things lately. Nothing is safe.

No comments: