Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

7.01.2013

Just because I felt like it.

Pierce walked up to Sterling, grabbed his arm at the wrist and elbow, and bit him for all he was worth mid-forearm.

He got enough skin it apparently didn’t hurt too bad, because in slow motion, Sterling realized he was being bitten, turned, saw Pierce, and hollered, “Pie-rce!”

Pierce let go, looked up, saw I’d seen the whole thing, and ran.

Pierce ran into the bathroom, slammed the door, and held the door shut.

I’m afraid parenting this boy is going to stretch me. Who am I kidding? It’s already stretched me, humiliated me, and made me rethink everything parenting-wise I’ve ever believed to be true.

6 comments:

Roxanne said...

Wow Pierce. He is deadly with those teeth. I've always wondered what made little ones think they needed to bite someone else. Ouch!

Unknown said...

Is he getting more teeth in? That might be a little bit of an explanation....

Unknown said...

I'd never had to deal with biting except one time with Sterling prior to Pierce. He takes the cake, with lots of days having more than one bite taken out of siblings. I don't think he's getting teeth though - although he's slow with teething so who knows if things hurt in there. He still doesn't have his fourth bottom front tooth!

Laura's Ramblings in Color said...

I was told biting was a way to express emotion before they can speak. E used to bite when she was excited/happy. J just bit for attention. Both before they could talk. Does it make it better for you if there's a reason?
The door shutting seems to me full out challenge. I recommend duct tape. As always. :) Or maybe sitting on him til he yells "uncle." Praying....

Laura Mindeman said...

Oh, Pierce! I'm right there with you! My boys have made me rethink everything I thought I knew about parenting!

Unknown said...

LC, I think Pierce simply bites for attention - or anger, but we're getting that one curbed. No, it doesn't make me feel all that much better. I have one of "those" kids - even if he's never bit anyone not a direct blood relative. He knew I was after him when he held the door closed. Duct tape sounds like a viable option...