Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

9.02.2013

Mornin’!


Gus is not my early riser out the bunch, so when he was the 1st one up the other day and it happened to be the day I tried to sleep in, he wasn’t impressed. I drug myself to the coffee pot at 6am to see him dancing to the radio in the living room. He stops, looks at me, and asks me why on earth was I still sleeping? “Its light out mom, and I hit you, and you still didn’t get up!” I never even knew he tried to wake me. Apparently I needed the extra sleep that morning…

We went to town yesterday for the county fair. We were all pretty excited for the change in pace. Matthew even got the day off from work. We got to hang out with friends, watch the horse races, the team branding, and the ranch doctoring. The best part? Nobody remembered to put pants on the baby.

Doing some yard work last, CT stops and asks me what I am doing. I informed him I was pulling weeds so my chokecherry tree might grow a little more. I stopped pulling weeds to look up at him and find him completely naked in anticipation of his nightly shower. And then I watched him pee on the tree I was weeding around.

Gus went to work with Matthew the other day. I woke him up at 5:30 and informed him his brothers horse was being saddled for him and get some jeans on. I shoved him out the door with a breakfast burrito in one hand and another for his papa in the other hand. He was thrilled.

Photo142
Photo143

Getting to go to work with papa and all the day workers makes up for having to get up in the dark. I suppose I can understand why.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Gus looks so at home on that horse. What a natural.
It's nice that CT is helping you with watering your chokecherry tree, what a thoughtful son.

Charlotte Moore said...

I went back and looked at all your children's names on their birth stories. Which one you calling Gus???? Cute post!!!

Unknown said...

I was afraid this would get confusing, Charlotte. My sister "Alexandra" started writing some guest posts. She has four boys, she's nicknamed Gus, Brent, CT, and Tell for her writing purposes. I'm going to try to think of somehow to tag these better. For now, the label at the bottom of her posts says "By Alexandra". Sorry!