Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

8.21.2009

It's smells funny around here!

My posts have been fewer these days - the set move-date is fast approaching and I feel like I need to have a little meltdown. Who wants to pack so I can work on that one?

Yeah, didn't think so. I did make progress today. The attic - both Liberty and Eden's rooms and the closets up there are all packed. L & E are sleeping on their mattresses on the floor for the time being. Or, in Liberty's world, their air mattresses. She can't get it into her head that there's no air involved.

Sterling and Ruby's room is also packed. Beds remain intact in there though. Ruby would have everything unpacked in short order if I didn't have her contained in the crib. Her favorite thing is grabbing things from inside boxes or laundry baskets and chucking them behind her as far as she can through. Great thrill, I tell you.

As for everything else... I'm getting there. I packed everything I can get my hands on at this point. Tomorrow's the kitchen. We'll eat cereal on paper plates for every meal pretty soon. Plates, yes. Bowls we're lacking. Someone packed them...

We have a house, we have utilities connecting next week, and we have a new phone number. I'm feeling all organized this move. I even have the utilities here set to disconnect. It's rather strange, but everything seems to be coming together very well. When a friend's son asked Liberty today why we had to move, they were standing on the front porch. She pointed to the neighbor's door 2 feet from ours and said, "See those people in there? They stink." They heard, I'm sure. And while they most definitely do stink, I'm not sure that going all the way to Missouri was necessary to avoid the stench. It'll get the job done though, I suppose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, love the comment about stinky neighbors! Kids are great, aren't they?

Roxanne said...

So what's your new phone number Adrienne?