Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

1.23.2011

I hereby resolve…

We don’t wear skirts all the time. Part of the time, sure. But not all of the time. Especially the boys… Winking smile

The girls have a friend from our homeschool co-op who does. After spending the day with their family, Liberty, my ultimate blue-jean and shorts-wearing daughter, decided she was only wearing skirts and dresses. She promptly asked me to buy her nightgowns. I told her she could get by with what she has, at least until I’m convinced she’ll follow through with this. So for one day, she wore a nightgown to bed, wore a skirt all day, and stood by her resolve. Then, she took a bath, put her pj’s on, and came out last night… in pants.

“Pants?”

“What? I have pants on.”

“I know.”

Slow look of dawning realization. “Ah! I forgot!”

Eden decides to interject, “You’d better go change.”

Liberty: “Do I have to, Mom?”

“Good grief. Of course not. This was your idea in the first place. But I’m certain pants to bed are acceptable, since no one else will see you.”

She’s decided that chicken chores, at least in the cold weather, are also blue-jeans acceptable. I’m just sitting back and watching this one. Of all of my girls, Liberty is the last one who would want to wear skirts all the time. Oh, peer pressure. Gotta love it.

No comments: