Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

1.14.2011

It’s rather like herding cats.

Blaine has said on more than one occasion that trying to go shopping with our children and keeping them heading in the same direction is like herding cats. I always have protested. It’s not that bad. But today I took them to the mall, skipped the stroller because I decided they’d been cooped up so much this week they would enjoy walking. Really. Mistake. That herding cats concept? Yep, that’s what it was like. Charlotte was in the sling, Sterling was trailing far behind, Ruby was running ahead and circling around every center kiosk the mall has, and Liberty and Eden were “shopping”. The one finger rule was thrown out, Sterling stopped to check out and pick up every button-down shirt they had hanging at his level and I debated taking the sling off, carrying Charlotte, and tightening the sling down around Sterling’s waist to make him keep up. My moment of reason? My sling is pink. Sterling can’t wear a pink sling. And we get enough looks without entering into the leash world. I’d never hear the end of it. Next time I decide to go to the mall without a stroller, smack me. Throw something at me. Just please, talk some sense into me.

No comments: