Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

1.28.2011

Blaine’s home. And back at work. It’s so good to have him home finally. I haven’t loaded the woodstove once since he arrived. And he cleaned the chimney – again. One week after I’d cleaned it. Turns out, the wood we’d had delivered and didn’t start burning until that really cold spell was likely still pretty green, in spite of looking dry. Thus, the dirty chimney and cold house. Sounds about right, I suppose.

I got all the cold symptoms my children had while Blaine was away the night he got back. Feeling pretty blessed that I didn’t get it until I had help. God is good.

My quilt is not finished. I’m almost finished cutting it out. I’m very, very tired of cutting it out.

Blaine worked 54 hours of overtime last week. Remember that chimney I had to clean? Yep, no complaints there. It suddenly sounds pretty easy.

Sterling has figured out how to spell his name perfectly. He can spell Ruby too. Ruby thinks her name is spelled SYT. She gets mad when anyone corrects her. I’m tempted to teach her to spell her name TROUBLE. FRUITCAKE would work too. I would thoroughly enjoy that. Until, I suppose, she is a completely confused kindergartener and my sole responsibility to straighten out. Yeah, maybe not.

No comments: