Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

1.04.2012

Christmas vacation, unscripted.

We’re back to school today. After planning one week off and taking two, it was time. The break was wonderful.

Somehow I thought my house would be cleaner than this, having so much free time, but it’s not.

I thought I’d have my bedroom curtains made, but I don’t.

But the break was wonderful. Did I mention that?

We went to the zoo. We went to the library. We played games. We put puzzles together. Sometimes, rarer than I ought, I remember that these days are short and I choose the nobler thing.

Here’s to a messier house and happier kids. And a happier Momma. Because really, who has kids for the clean house value?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love that last line. :)

Jennifer said...

Love that last line. :)