Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

5.04.2012

11. 12. Or so.

For 4.5 hours today, it was me and 11 kids, age 9 and younger. We had one skinned knee, one potty accident, one skinned forehead, one tick pulled, one very necessarily bathed boy, one black eye, and one tired me. I counted to eleven 200 times, to twelve three times, and stopped to stare, trying to figure out why there was extra from what I’d started with. Turns out, I just cannot count.

Conclusion: figure out what’s causing this before that’s my life everyday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the kids had a good time however! You must have been doing something right. Roxanne

Unknown said...

I cleaned it up dozens of times... but I'm not sure how bad it was when I left. Things went smoothly for the first few hours... then no nap for G., C., and G. made it all fall apart. I was happy to do it - but I'm definitely not cut out for that many for more than an afternoon! Chaos. Just chaos.