Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

5.04.2012

Digging up hard rocky ground with a pick to plant 20 plants results in a need for ibuprofen. Who would have thought? I can carry around two 20+ lb. kids at the same time for an hour or more without a second thought, but planting flowers gets the better of me. Ugh.

On the bright side, my flower garden is in. And I’m sure it’ll look great… soon. In brainstorming for something that will establish and grow every year and be something different, I didn’t plant flowers. I looked at our herb garden and the blooming lavender and chives, and I planted those into a new flower garden. I want to mulch it yet, and once it’s growing well I’ll take photos. Or it fails to thrive and this post disappears forever and we never know it existed.

Now, to get the dirt stains off my hands. As a kid, playing in the dirt resulted in maybe dirt under my nails. Now, it gets in all the wrinkles and won’t wash away. Hello, aging process. I’m not ready for this yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your new herb garden will be beautiful - despite your rocky soil. Everything else seems to thrive there, - even the chiggers and the ticks! Roxanne