Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

7.20.2012

And… DONE!

Formerly white, peeling, and nearly always in need of a good scrubbing, my kitchen cabinets now sport a (in my opinion) lovely shade of gray.

IMG_3919IMG_3920IMG_3921IMG_3922

I ended up painting far more than I’d intended, spent more time fighting with 34 hinges than I hope to ever spend again, and have yet to wash out my paintbrush so you’ll have to settle for a glimpse of my cabinets instead of the whole kitchen’s worth.

I did wash the floor though. Since a small child was in jeopardy of getting stuck to it permanently, that is a very good thing.

Off to clean off counters. I need my kitchen back.

5 comments:

Lanita said...

They look great! They grey doesn't seem to make it look dark either. Congratulations!

Aunt Lisa said...

I love them. Will you come to NY and paint mine? I have less than you do tho to paint!

Anonymous said...

They look soooo good Adrienne. Looks like out of a magazine. You do very nice work. Roxanne

Julia said...

Awesome!!! You've inspired me... but I have 34 cupboards. :( Feel like a visit?! :P

Goldie said...

Great job; they look wonderful!