Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

7.13.2012

It’s been hot. Hot enough that, were I really on top of things, I could have the clothes hung on the clothesline, back off the clothesline, folded and put away by the time the next load is finished washing. If only I were that good.

Pierce is, slowly but surely, deciding to move. He propels himself forward with one foot and pulls forward with both hands and gets a few inches before he either gets to where he wants to be or gets mad. It’s a slow process. He’s happier with life these days.

Charlotte is a mere 1/2 pound lighter than her baby brother. She’s doing her best to put gray hairs on my head and, should things continue, I’ll be putting padlocks on all the food in the kitchen. She’s into it. All. Day. Long.

Ruby is entering the stage of fear. All of my children, around 3-4 years old, suddenly become scared of everything, including their shadow. It’s a stage that drives me nuts. But it’s just a stage. No, the forest isn’t bursting it’s seams with animals that are waiting for the first chance to come out and devour you. I promise. Convince her of that. Strangely enough, taking Charlotte with her outside suffices to calm her fears. Charlie’s one formidable enemy, I know.

We’ve been scrubbing the house a lot this week. It’s looking better. The parts that Charlotte hasn’t undone do, anyhow. We rearranged furniture and swapped out two small dressers for two larger ones in the kids bedroom. Hooray for more space to store clothes while taking up the same footprint size on the floor. Everyone’s drawers are breathing a little easier after that project.

I’m gearing up to paint kitchen cabinets. I wasn’t planning on it before yesterday… but now I’m pretty excited to get going with it. You know how much I enjoyed painting the bathroom ones. Lets take on a project quadruple the size and see how that goes. Ugh.

No comments: