Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

7.30.2012

I tried.

I’ve always been a little intimidated by that mom. You know the ones. They have fabulous projects that teach great life skills planned for their children each day. They plan out rounded meals that include twenty-six food groups and never, ever feed their children unhealthy foods like sugar.

I am not that mom.

I did, however, put blue food coloring in the bread pudding I was making when I realized that it was the day for opening ceremonies for the Olympics and we had a red-cranberries white-frosting going on. Bring on the red, white, and blue bread pudding… slightly skewed with colors running. I tried.

IMG_3941

Unfortunately, these colors don’t run true. My patriotism is not reflected in my inability to be that mom, right?

2 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

still looks good to me!

Anonymous said...

Add a drink and some napkins and it is a meal. Just like camping. . . when you are hungry it all looks good.

bill