Primarily written by Adrienne, a homeschooling mother of seven, ages 10 and under. She chronicles life, laughs, struggles, and lessons learned as she raises a larger-than-most sized family and tries to figure out what she's doing day by day.

With occasional posts, Alexandra, Adrienne's older sister, writes of her ranch life in Nevada and raising four sons, ages 5 and under. Life is never dull and her boys have given her some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Stick around awhile, and you're sure to laugh, nod, smile, be encouraged, and see what life is like with a big (little) family.

7.24.2012

I hate to burst your bubble, but…

I asked Sterling about 20 questions this afternoon. I do this every so often, mostly to keep tabs on what any one of my kids are thinking and to keep them on their toes and able to answer questions (that they should know the answer to) as fast as I can ask them. Plus, it’s just fun.

“What’s your favorite color?”

“Red.”

“What’s your middle name?”

“Blaine.”

“How do you spell ‘Sterling’?”

“What grade are you in?”

“What do you want to do when you grow up?”

“Be a cop.”

“Really?” I hadn’t heard this one before.

“Well, mostly I just don’t want to go to jail. If I’m a cop, and then I can’t go to jail.”

Perfect sense. Or not.

No comments: